Monday, October 1

DTS and Outreach

We are in week 3 of our DTS and are starting to find a groove as far as meals, working at 100 Fold, enjoying the weather and mountains, homework...

I thought I'd describe what goes on at DTS for those of you who wonder what we are doing :-) Well, it is a 5-month discipleship training school - the first 3 months are in the classroom and the last 2 months are putting what we learned in the lecture phase into practice in the "Outreach" phase.

A typical day:
7a - Breakfast (Eggs and Oatmeal, always :-)
8a - worship
8:30a - Intercession or Bible Overview
10-12p - Lecture (last week was on Hearing God's Voice, this week is Bible Fundamentals)
12p - Lunch
1:30-3p -  Small Group, Outreach Prep, Track (Ross and I's "track" is 100 Fold, so we get to go to the office) - it depends on the day what we do
3-5p - work duty (Ross' work duty is 100 Fold, my work duty is the kiddos)

So depending on the day, Ross goes to 100 Fold at least 2 hours a day, but some days he gets to go 6 hours a day. I think he is enjoying DTS, but he can't wait to get into the studio full-time and really start helping with teaching, design, processes, standards, technique...

I'm enjoying my small group (there are 6 of us including our leader, Leah) and outreach team meetings, as well as the lectures. This week - Bible Fundamentals - is one that I'm particularly excited about. I love learning about the bible!

Selah is in school from 8:20 - 3:10, Kiera is in preschool from 8:30 - 12. So, Eliza takes the kids to school and has Mason all morning, then she watches Kiera and Mason in the afternoons till 3. I get to have all meals with the kids and after 3 till bedtime, it isn't as much time as we are used to, but this is a short season and I'm grateful that we get to have this time of awesome lectures and fellowship to prepare us for the season of ministry that we are entering into. It gives even more perspective to what we are doing and who we are serving.

Outreach... We found out where we are going... THAILAND!!! 2 months in Thailand - YEAH!!! They tell us we might even get to ride elephants while we are there :)  We will spend a few days in Bangkok, then 2+ weeks in Pattaya, 4/5 weeks in Chang Rai and then a few more days in Bangkok before coming home at the beginning of February.

For those of you who have read to the end, please be praying for our finances, we still need $10,000+ to cover our DTS (Outreach phase). We are excited to see how God is going to provide for us and once again, teach us to rest in Him and trust in Him for everything.

Sorry this is a long post, with no pictures. Next time, there will be pictures :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment