International Night: Thursday was "International Night" where all the countries represented on base have a table and they have some food or drink from their country. The kids thought this sounded like a really good idea, but they didn't actually like most of the food and by the end they wouldn't try the samples (I don't blame them). Thank goodness that Selah DID like the pad thai (which will be even BETTER in Thailand). Now I know that at least Selah won't starve while we are there. Now, to get the others ones to eat... There were tables from Canada, Iceland, Cambodia, Thailand, Norway, England, Nepal, India, Japan (sushi), Pennsylvania (whoopie pies!), New Mexico... and about 10 more that I can't think of right now :) I don't have any pictures from that night. Maybe I'll take some next quarter.
Bike Move Up Week: The kids all moved up to bigger bikes this week. Selah on a 20" (compliments of the Garrigans), Kiera on a 16" (Selah's old red bike), Mason on a 12" with training wheels (Kiera and Selah's old purple bike - compliments of Mimi and Papa!). It was a big week for all and they are loving their new big bikes. They are all much faster now. (I'll try to get a picture of the girls on their bikes soon too!)
Funny Faces from the kiddos to their friends:
Kiera has been sick the past few days with a fever and feeling so tired. So tired that she feel asleep in my arms twice yesterday (so precious and pitiful at the same time).
Mason Story: He gives big hugs around your neck and then says, "I pop your head off". It sounds a little violent, but it is the most adorable thing ever. Oh, the things you can do and say when you are two and have dimples :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment