Friday, October 12

Random Play Pictures

I need to do a better job of taking pictures of the kids close up, but until then, these group shots will have to do. I took this picture because I was amazed at the number of children that could fit on one playground piece. This is part of the playground behind the cafeteria. My children play on this playground at least once a day, but up to 4 times a day (after breakfast, after lunch, after nap, after dinner). They still love it. I'm guessing it is partly because the playground is fun and partly because it is the meeting place for all the kids. Do you see Mason at the top? Yes, he is a daredevil!


I took this picture because behind the big tree on the left / between the two buildings are 3 deer. You have to really zoom in to see them, but I wanted to give you an idea of how close they get to us - and you can imagine with this many kids on the playground, it wasn't quiet.



Here is another picture of Selah's school playground. Kiera and I went to her school on Wednesday to bring snacks for the class (chocolate covered frozen bananas) because Selah was the "Monster of the Day". Since we were there early, Kiera got to go to recess and play with Selah and her class, then we were there for spelling time and Selah's show and tell. It was a really special time to get to see her in her element. Let me tell you, she really is in her element, she loves the freedom and the way her teacher treats them with respect and lets them do a lot of things themselves. It was great to see her obeying and getting along with the other kids in the class AND seeing her swing on the "vine" in an around the world fashion. A true monkey, I mean, Lackey.

Kiera doing a trick - another Lackey monkey!

This is the scene when Selah plays soccer on Friday afternoon at the base. Do you see Kiera, Mason and Peter Garrigan watching? Kiera and Mason aren't old enough to play, but they really like to watch.


Selah is the one on the far left wearing pink


No comments:

Post a Comment