Friday, October 12

More snow!

Well, it didn't snow again, we just found some of it on top of the mountain to eat and play in :-) Last weekend, we all drove to the top of Blacktail Mountain (the one we live at the base of) to drop Ross off for his first exploratory bike riding of the mountain. There was still a little snow from when it had snowed about a week before that. The first picture is of Kiera throwing a snowball at Ross. He didn't ride away quick enough to not get hit.




The girls posing for me. Even though Selah acted super cold in this picture, she was the one playing in it the most.


Kiera, in her infinite wisdom, was tromping around in the snow without shoes or socks. I know, I'm the mom and should have said no, but she didn't have any in the car - so it was either barefoot or no snow. I figured this way she might get cold and want to get back in the car sooner, but that line of thought didn't really work. She would have stayed all day.
Funny picture of Kiera with Selah eating snow like a "dog" in the background.


Kiera
Both of the girls eating snow off the ground. Lovely. It seemed clean enough.
Selah
Some of you may be asking yourselves, Where is Mason? Great Question! The answer is the same as always - he was asleep :-) He was in the car passed out and missed out on all the snow fun. I'm not too worried, as I've been assured there will be more snow that I can handle in a few weeks! 

We are working on getting the kids outfitted with snow gear. It is crazy! Snowsuit for sledding and skiing, snow pants for school, snow boots, warm socks, mittens/gloves, hats, scarves... I hear that you need multiples of most things due to drying time and potentially items being lost at school. Selah will leave a pair of snow pants at school because they still go out to recess 3 times a day in the winter unless it is less than 0 degrees (or something crazy like that)! 

And about Ross' bike ride - it was great! He found a trail that is goes from about 2/3 of the way up the mountain to Foy Lake (15 miles ish). I'm guessing his favorite part was flying down the mountain back home!







No comments:

Post a Comment