Here are a few pictures from dining experiences the past week. The first picture is from the "rice shop" that we frequent. There is also a "noodle shop". We can walk to each of these restaurants, so for lunch we alternate between the two. Today was "rice shop" day, Selah's preference - she likes the omelet over rice. Mason and Kiera prefer the noodle shop - "meatballs" (or pork balls) with an amazing broth, rice noodles and the adults have shredded cabbage and bean sprouts in theirs. The kids LOVE the "meatballs" and noodles. Did I mention that at the noodle shop no one speaks English, so they just ask us how many soups we want. There are different soups at this shop, but we always get the same one because we don't know our other options :-)
Here is a picture of Mason as star of the show. The Thai's love Mason's fair skin and blond hair. They also really like Kiera's cheeks. I may have said this already, but while the Thai people are mostly into Mason and Kiera, Selah is the most interested in them and the most tolerant / wanting to engage with them.
This is Mason's friend "Nuk". She works at one of our favorite restaurants that we can walk to - it is a little farther than the rice shop and noodle shop, so we tend to go here for dinner when we have more time. Nuk speaks English well and helps us order as well as plays with the kids and shows them the fish in the ponds out front of the restaurant while we eat :-) One night she tried to keep Mason and trade me her daughter for him. Mason would have stayed with her, but her daughter wouldn't come with me. (Don't worry, Mom, I won't trade him :-)
A meal from the above mentioned restaurant (Yellow Curry with Chicken and Rice - so yummy!!!)
Tonight for dinner I got the kids "Kow Mung Gai" (I have no idea how to spell it, but it loosely means rice and chicken). It is one of the meals the kids really like. I did kindly refuse the coagulated blood that she offered me to go with the chicken and rice. Another truly Thai experience.
hahahahahaha! i'm loving learning about yalls thai life. this is very interesting.
ReplyDelete