Tuesday, January 15

Weekly Roundup - 1/1/6/13

Here are some pictures from the past week in no particular order. I'll put a caption under each to tell you what it is.

I'm trying to think of highlights from this past week... Mason used the potty really well for about 3 days and got an M&M each time, but then he lost interest. I hope we haven't missed our window. We didn't bring underpants with us and I haven't been able to get to a store here to buy him some, so he has little motivation to keep his diapers dry... Kiera is whistling away and Selah can blow bubble after bubble with her gum. They are growing up before my eyes. They can go to a Thai market and know how to find their favorite foods - fruit stands, chicken on a stick, porkballs on a stick, sticky rice, fried chicken... 

Ross and I are doing really well. We like it here. We played soccer last night with 5-6 Thai people, our kids and most of our team. It was so fun to all play together. The kids did really well too just running up and down the field and occasionally touching the ball. Ross is going to be teaching tennis a few times a week, but this week it has been canceled twice because our contact is sick. I'm going running with a new friend on Friday and we are just figuring things out. Ross loves Mango Sticky Rice and I will probably never eat it again (I got sick the other night after eating it :-) 

We love getting to stay in this location for 3 weeks because it is giving us a chance to make friends and then spend time with them. There are a few girls I will probably keep in touch with once I get home. We also have some sort of routine and schedule which is good for the kids and my sanity :-)

I miss you all! love, lane
Mason watching the catfish at the Exchange Camp (next to Cole Eastwood)


Kiera posing at the camp. It was a beautiful place!

The girls dancing during a break. Selah dancing with Kamilla.

Selah with a butterfly that she found. It was still alive, we've held lots of still alive butterflies here.

Mason playing tug of war at a school event for "Children's Day"

Our kiddos with their adopted parents. We went to a flower festival and Ann-Kristin (in my clothes :-) and Brent helped me with the kids. With that blond hair, don't they look like they could be a family? Except that Brent and AK are 18 and 17 years old :-)

No changing table, so Ross changed Mason standing up, up on the ledge. Truly Thai.

Another Truly Thai moment. We visited McDonald's out of curiosity. The fries were good, the nuggets were just as bad as in the states :-) The girls posed with Ronald to say hello!








No comments:

Post a Comment