Saturday, January 5

Journal Entry

It is January 5, 2013. We've been in Thailand almost 4 full weeks. The kiddos are finally eating well - well, at least about 5 meals - omelets, rice, hard boiled eggs, fruit, chicken, pork on a stick, sticky rice... New Year's Eve was super fun. We had dinner together with the boys house and then had worship and set off paper lanterns - like in Tangled. It was beautiful and amazing! I'm not sure if any of the pictures turned out. There are many more pictures to show, but a pain to download them. I'm not very good at blogging because I don't like hooking the camera up to the computer and downloading the pictures... Anyway, the kids were wiped out, went to bed early and didn't get to see the lanterns, I feel a little bit bad about that, but after full days of playing in the sun and the heat, they are ready to sleep by 7 or 7:30, especially Mason who isn't napping every day.

Today is our first free morning in over a week and it is much needed. We've been working all day, then having team meetings at night. Today we don't have a meeting until 1. The meeting will lead to planning the outreach tonight (worship, games and Jesus film), worship with the kids and staff here, prayer for the outreach... Ross and I got to go for a run this morning because one of the girls on our team watched our kids, it was a precious date for us.

Wednesday, we will move to our final ministry location. I think Wednesday, Thursday and Friday will be spent inviting university students to an exchange camp and then the weekend will be the exchange camp. I'll tell you more about this camp after it happens. I'm thinking tents and sleeping bags - the kids are super excited!

Mason has hit another milestone - it is so sad and yet rewarding to see him grow up before my eyes. Are you ready for it? He can chew gum without swallowing it! Isn't he a big boy? Well, if he were potty trained we would all be jumping up and down, but even this is a rite of passage out of being a baby, he's even working his way quickly out of toddlerhood.

I miss everyone and hope this note finds you well.
love,
lane

No comments:

Post a Comment