You know that moment with your little one - the moment it all changes. One day you are walking down the street and they are holding your finger because their hand is so little, the next day they are able to fully hold your hand. What happened? How did their hand get so big? Their legs so long and their arms so strong and good at hugging? Well, I can't say that has happened to Mason yet... but I'm holding my breath waiting for the day when he takes my hand, fully takes my hand, not just my finger and I know that he is on his way to growing up. I've been thinking about this concept a lot, probably because he is my baby and he is getting bigger - physically, but also his vocabulary is growing, his agility is developing and he doesn't even need that much help at the dinner table.
No, this doesn't make me want another baby :-) But it does make me want to slow down and enjoy him. Hope that my memory will be able to capture this very special time and lock it away for when he is leaving for college and I don't have my little boy to cuddle with me anymore.
Okay... enough of this sentimental stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment