Wednesday, September 26

Base Tour

I thought I would give you all a tour of the base that we live on. I don't really know why it is called a "base", I do know that each YWAM location is called a base and our location is an old Air Force base, but why YWAM calls all their locations bases, I do not know... The first picture is of the front of the cafeteria where we eat 3 times a day during the week and breakfast and dinner on the weekends. We eat at 7:00a, 12:00p and 5:00p - whether we are hungry or not, because we know there won't be any more food until the next set time :-) I'm not always hungry at 5:00p, but if I don't eat then, I will DEFINITELY be hungry a few hours later. The meals are pretty good, the kids don't usually like them, but they didn't like what I cooked either. Breakfast is always the same menu and, thankfully, it is something they like: Scrambled Eggs, Oatmeal, Cheerios, Yogurt and Orange Slices. The kiddos eat a lot at breakfast to make up for not eating the night before.



This picture was from breakfast - Selah, Lane, Kiera, Melody and Mason (Mason has found a kindred spirt in Melody and they often eat meals together).


The building in the distance is the administration building and 100 Fold Studio is in the second floor. I am standing in front of the cafeteria taking this picture.

This is a picture of the sports field that sits next to our dorm. On the far edge is a creek that the kids like to wade in and throw rocks in. There are also benches and seats by the water for a quiet place to read. I think Selah will join in the base kids soccer season - Fridays from 4p-5p, you have to be 6 years old to play. She doesn't know about it yet, but I'm pretty sure she will be excited :-) I'm not sure if they will keep playing once the snow starts... This is also the hill used for sledding in the winter. I know you can't see the hill, the biggest thing to note is that it is RIGHT NEXT to our dorm - super fun location!


This building is our dorm. I took this picture standing in front of the cafeteria also. Can you tell that the base isn't that big? well, there is more to it, but everything I need and use is located in a very small proximity. It is great because the kids can ride in this street / parking lot and I can see them in whichever direction they go (which is usually each in a different direction). The back part of the building juts out a bit, that is our lecture room. I told you I don't go far for anything :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment