I'm sure this will not come as a surprise to most of you, but there are deer everywhere! Please hear me, I am NOT complaining. We LOVE it! Tonight Ross and I went on a short bike ride just to stretch our legs and look around and we saw 2-5 deer in most fields and yards, up the street, over in the horse pasture (they must of jumped the fence to get into the pasture - I wish I had seen that!). There are deer at the edge of the soccer field, at the edge of the dorm green, in everyone's front yards along the mountain. Ross said one crossed the road in front of them on the way to school this morning. The kids are all getting really good at spotting them at the window.
People tell me that you get tired of them eventually, but I don't think so. They are so beautiful and graceful and agile. I love living this close to the wild!
No comments:
Post a Comment