Wednesday, March 6

Life As Usual / Prayer Requests

Hello Friends!
I don't have any new pictures, so I know the blog won't be as interesting today, but I just thought I'd write and say hello! Ski lessons this weekend went really well. Selah is skiing on her own, she just needs help with the lifts, Kiera made amazing progress by staying for her entire lesson and then skiing down the main slope and going on the lift with Ross multiple times. Mason even got in on the action and went down the main slope and lift a few times with daddy. It might be my turn this weekend, but I feel so limited when on my snowboard, that I'm not sure if I'll go with them or not.

We are still trucking along in the dorm room, but making the most of being on the campus with our friends, the cafeteria, 100 Fold and the gym super close.

I wanted to thank everyone who has been praying for us. We've felt the love :-) Also, we would really like to be praying specifics for you - would you send me a text or email with any prayer requests? God ties us all together as brothers and sisters in Christ and we feel that especially when we are praying for each other - understanding each others struggles and needs and celebrating as God faithfully answers.

Thank you for your prayers. I am so encouraged to already see how God is answering prayers, even when it feels like nothing is changing, this is a good exercise to be reminded that He is working, He is present, He is good. So good!

Prayer Request Update:
From 2/24/13
1. Housing - still a need. There are one or two places in Lakeside that are $200-300 more a month than we feel comfortable paying. There are places more in the price range that we want, but they are 25 minutes away from 100 Fold and the kids school... So, we need housing, but we also need wisdom in choosing a place.

2. Heath - Ross is healthy!!! YEAH!!!

3. Health - Mason's belly is better! Lots of Pedialyte and probiotics and his is so much better! Which means that potty training has officially started - AGAIN!

From 3/6/13
1. Housing - that a place would open up, wisdom in knowing what the right housing solution is for us as a family.

2. Potty Training - I just found out that Mason can't go to preschool until May (3 years old) AND potty trained. So, praying that by May, he will be fully potty trained!!! Also, that I will have patience through this process.

3. Patience - for me :-)

  • Patience with potty training Mason
  • Patience living in a dorm
  • Patience not getting to work at 100 Fold as much as I would like - not until May
4. Anxiety - I can get completely overwhelmed and consumed with the little things and then I am ineffective with my kids, my friends and in my marriage. Please pray that God would show me how to deal with a list of things to do - that they wouldn't define me, they wouldn't consume me, they would simply be a guiding tool. 



1 comment:

  1. OH wow! I can totally identify with prayer request #4! Let's get each others' back! I love you!

    ReplyDelete