Wednesday, February 27

SKIING!

We live at the bottom of a ski mountain, so we figured we should take advantage of it. This past Saturday the girls started their ski lessons. There is a great deal where kids their age can get rentals and a 2 hour lesson for super cheap. They both did great! Kiera liked it okay, but she got cold and lost interest quickly, I will give her a little credit and say that it was 19 degrees on the mountain. But the cold didn't slow Selah down. She loved the lesson. As soon as it was over she came inside, ate half of her lunch and was back out on the bunny slope. She quickly learned how to use the tow rope and spent the next 3.5 hours practicing on the bunny slope. She didn't get cold or tired. That girl has determination! She is so excited because this Saturday Ross is going to ski with her in the afternoon and take her on the lift.




Mason also got in on the action... Because I didn't know if Mason would really want to ski, I didn't rent him skis or boots, but once he saw his sisters getting their equipment and out in the snow he wanted to be part of things too. Once Kiera had her lesson and was done being cold for the day, Mason put on her boots and skis (both were too big for him, but he didn't mind) and went out to ski with our friend, Melody. She was the girls instructor also, but for Mason, who has a special place in her heart, she gave him a 30 minute lesson later in the day for free. What a blessing! Mason loved skiing, so when we go skiing again in a few days, I will get him his own boots and skis and Mel and daddy will work with him.

I'm a snowboarding bum who can't teach my kiddos how to ski, but I can pick them up when they fall down and cheer for them as they are learning to turn and stop.



Selah being silly.

Kiera posing with her scarf and matching hat. She got this set a few years ago and has always liked it, but now she understands better why you would want a hat and scarf :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment