1. This weekend. I'm going to Atlanta for a wedding, Ross is here with the kids and he is considering moving us this weekend while I am gone. While I think that would be great for me, I think Ross will need prayers and help to do this with just him and the kids :-)
2. Housing - that this place we are moving into would work out well AND that a base house would open up quickly so we can move back to the base and have a more permanent home.
3. God - that I would make time with God a priority.
4. Kiddos - that I would spend more intentional time with the kids. Now that Selah is in school most of the day and Kiera goes to preschool and then sometimes a playdate, I feel like I don't see them much. Also, that I would be consistent with them, I've been slack lately and it is only hurting me :-)
Thank you to all who are praying. Please send me your prayer requests too! (lane_lackey@yahoo.com)
From 3/6/13
1. Housing - that a place would open up, wisdom in knowing what the right housing solution is for us as a family. We have a place to live!!! I'll post pictures next week after we move in, but for now I will say that it is a small 3 bedroom cabin about 20 minutes away from the base (bummer), but it is on 8 acres of land in the middle of the woods and at the top of a high hill - it should be an amazing place to spend the summer.
2. Potty Training - I just found out that Mason can't go to preschool until May (3 years old) AND potty trained. So, praying that by May, he will be fully potty trained!!! Also, that I will have patience through this process. This boy is potty trained!!! I'm still a little nervous when I take him out in public with his (Thomas the Train) underpants, but he hasn't had an accident in a week and he is doing so well! Yeah!
3. Patience - for me :-)
- Patience with potty training Mason - YES!
- Patience living in a dorm - Only a few more days.
- Patience not getting to work at 100 Fold as much as I would like - not until May - So busy right now that it isn't an issue.
4. Anxiety - I can get completely overwhelmed and consumed with the little things and then I am ineffective with my kids, my friends and in my marriage. Please pray that God would show me how to deal with a list of things to do - that they wouldn't define me, they wouldn't consume me, they would simply be a guiding tool. - These prayers are working! A few days ago I felt the anxiety creeping in, but it didn't grab hold - YEAH! I keep thinking that things will settle down in a few more weeks, but knowing us, I don't believe that anymore :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment