With that preface, below is an excerpt of an email I sent earlier. Can anyone relate?
"For a second, I can live vicariously through you, but then someone starts crying and my Calgone moment is over :)
We are doing okay here. It is mostly the daily rut that is the hardest for me. Summer is tough because we don't have much of a routine and I'm as lost as the kids. Mason is getting to that age (almost 13 months) where he still likes to sleep in the morning, but we are tired of being house bound and he can go without a nap, but that means he falls asleep in the car and the afternoon nap is then ruined. You know this phase? Man, I'll be glad to get out of morning naps. Anyway, Mason has been sick the past few days, just a fever, but we've been trying to stay home for him and I'm going crazy! I was not meant to stay home. I was also not meant to have a disorganized house. yes, after almost 5 years of having kids, I still am under the illusion that I can have a neat, orderly house. Something in me feels like I deserve one. I wouldn't change my life, but I do find myself being envious of the single girls who have time to bike, run, swim, play, cook, bake, sew... Anything they want and their house is probably neat too :) "
No comments:
Post a Comment