We always get a lot of books at the library and read them often, but now we are taking it even more seriously with "Summer Reading". I explained the concept to Selah about reading books and getting prizes (aka toys), but she didn't really understand until the first day we went to exchange book pages for tickets and tickets for toys. Oh my! It was fun for all! She and Kiera got stamps, rings, card games, things to put on top of your pencil... The stamps are actually pretty great and I'm hoping they get more next week.
Anyway, two of the books are about pirates. She really likes reading those in particular. I asked her if she likes pirate books and she said, "Yes". I asked if she would like more books about pirates and she replied with "Yes. When I grow up I might want to be a pirate, so I need to read books about pirates to learn how to be one."
So, yes. Selah officially has her first "what I want to be when I grow up". A pirate. I love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment