Prayer Requests 5/1//13
1. Trip to Birmingham - We are traveling to Birmingham in June for 6 days, but it isn't long enough! I'm not sure how to see everyone that I miss. Prayers for how to spend our time and that the trip would be fun and not rushed.
2. Transition - Yet another transition is coming our way next week. Mason is going to start preschool on Monday, which means that I get to start working at 100 Fold on Monday also. Please pray that we would all transition well. Mason will probably be tired after school, but we don't have a good nap place set up - so pray for his rest. Also, I haven't had a regular work schedule in so long, so pray that momma working is good for the family :-)
3. Marriage - Ross and I love being married and we love it even more when we get to date :-) We are figuring out how to go on a date each week and really prioritize our marriage even in the midst of amazing community (sometimes we find that we don't have time alone because of so much fun time with our friends). Please pray that will we get to make this a regular rhythm in our marriage, that our friends will be able to keep our kiddos, that our kids will see the fruit of this time and that our marriage would be even stronger.
4. Mary Lou's Eye - Ross' step-mother had to have emergency eye surgery to repair a torn retina. She is in the midst of recovery right now. Pray for full vision.
4. Mary Lou's Eye - Ross' step-mother had to have emergency eye surgery to repair a torn retina. She is in the midst of recovery right now. Pray for full vision.
Thank you to all who are praying. Please send me your prayer requests too! (lane_lackey@yahoo.com)
Prayer Requests 4/10/13
1. Balance - There are so many things I want to do and so many people I want to get to know, but then I realize that my time with God or time with my kids is suffering. I need to learn how to balance my family, my God and my interests and leave room for margin - which is where all the fun happens, right? - One way this prayer has been answered is through a friend of mine who I've started running my ideas of things to get involved with and commitments by and she is good to remind me to slow down and not overcommit. I'm so thankful for a friend who will help me say no to the good things, leaving room for the best things.
2. Mason - He is getting ready to go to preschool on May 2. He is so excited and thinks he is ready. Please be praying that he will have an easy transition into school 3.5 hours a day for 5 days a week. I don't think it will be an issue because he is so excited about it, but still, a little prayer never hurt. - This will happen on Monday, May 6. He seems super ready, thank you for your prayers.
3. God - That I would make time with God a priority. - Still working on this. This might be a lifelong pursuit - but I did find a coffee shop close to our house that opens early and stays open late, so I have a place to go and journal and have some of that time alone that I long for. Yeah for coffee shops!
No comments:
Post a Comment