Saturday, May 4

God is always teaching me

Thursday our base had a full morning dedicated to prayer. It was so wonderful to pray for my friends, our nation, town, schools, families, children, military... We covered a lot of ground in prayer that morning. But through all the praying, God kept convicting me of a few things and getting me excited also about my role as a mother. God spoke to me about my children - First, reminding me that they are children, they aren't the adults I expect them to act like. Second - that I need to and WANT to spend time teaching them about Jesus, not just who He is, but how He acts, how He loves. How He can help each of us love like Him. I was happy about being a mother who has the time and energy to be with my children, to model God's love and to teach them about loving others. I am so excited for them to be a light in the world, a light to their friends, a light in their schools. Shining brightly with their encouraging words, generous hearts and kind spirits. Wow! Wasn't it awesome of God to show me these things and put these longings in my heart? It didn't feel condemning or difficult, it felt like I'd been released into a ministry that God has been preparing me for for years.

This realization also helped me to understand one of the many reasons we need margin in our lives. Because without margin there isn't time to read and play together, to pray together before bed, to cuddle on the couch just because. There isn't time to love each well. Oh, I'm so excited for the future with my 3 wonderful children!
Selah and Mason cuddling on the couch "just because"

No comments:

Post a Comment