Cheesy title, right? Well, it is definitely how I feel. Granted, I do have 2 eyes of a stove to cook on and a small indoor sink, but the cabin and big woods part is the same :-)
I've been wanting to get this story and pictures up a few weeks ago, but we didn't have internet at the cabin until a few days ago. You know how we had been praying for housing for a few months, but nothing seemed to work out - either because it was too far away or too expensive or too small (I feel like I'm goldilocks :-)
Well, a week before we had to be out of the dorm, Samantha Hudson called and said, I do know of one place that might work... So, we went to look at it. It was late at night and dark and the house was locked when we came by, so we used a flashlight to look in the windows and said, "it looks great!". I went out of town a few days later and while I was out of town, Ross spoke with the owner and arranged for us to be let into the house and then he spent the weekend moving us out of the dorm and into our cabin. And to brag on my husband a bit, he didn't just move our stuff from the dorm to the cabin, he put it all away in the cabin too! So when I got home (after being in Atlanta for a friend's wedding), he and the kids were already settled into the cabin. It was a wonderful coming home present!!!
Since then, we turned around and went to Yellowstone with friends (Tara Russell and her family) for spring break. We were so blessed by Tara and Jeff's friends that let us stay in the home right outside Yellowstone and by Tara who planned, shopped for and cooked at the meals - yes, I was VERY spoiled!. Then we spent a few days getting kitchen things out of storage and now we are moved in and loving it!!! There are a few things that aren't ideal, like being 20 minutes from the base and the small kitchen, BUT we are so thankful for God's provision. For the 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms (Selah has her own room and now Kiera is on the top bunk and Mason is on the bottom bunk), for a kitchen, for a home, for the way God knew we would love to live in the woods (you can't see another house from here), for the views that we have from living on the top of the mountain, for the deer that run through our yard, for the treehouse and swing that were already here, for the way it is already furnished and we didn't have to move everything from storage to here and then turn around and move again when something on base opens up. Yes, this is temporary - until a base opens up, but until then we love our "Little Cabin in the Big Woods". It suits the Lackey family well.
Here are pictures of the cabin - inside and out, in no particular order:
 |
| Kiera and Mason's room |
 |
| Selah's room |
 |
| Kitchen Sink and Stovetop |
 |
| Kitchen pantry and toaster OVEN |
 |
| Our Cabin :-) |
 |
| View driving down from cabin |
 |
| View from front door cabin |
 |
| View from our bed in the loft |
 |
| View of cabin from front. This was less than a week ago when it snowed again :-) |
 |
| Our bed in the loft |
No comments:
Post a Comment