Friday, November 1

November - A good time to remember to be thankful

November 1. Halloween is over and Thanksgiving is fast approaching. It is time to start thinking about being thankful. Thankful for what? Thankful for whom? Thinking about why I don't spend more time being thankful :-)

Can you think of 28 things you are thankful? (28 days till Thanksgiving)? I realize that I am:

thankful that I can run
thankful I have a warm bed
thankful for Mason's teachers
thankful for our neighbors who take my girls to school in the morning
thankful I am able to ride my bike to school in the morning when the car isn't here
thankful I have a bike
thankful I have a car
thankful Mason has a little buddy to play with that just lives across the street
thankful for the year we overlapped with our good friends here in Lakeside, even if they are moving next week
thankful we are all healthy
thankful I have friends to cheer me up when I'm sad
thankful Ross got home safely and in good health from Nepal and India
thankful Ross had the opportunity to travel to Nepal and India
thankful for my girls who went to school today with "crazy" hair
thankful for club 3:16 (an evangelistic after school club at the elementary school)
thankful for grandparents who love Selah, Kiera and Mason
thankful that I still have all my grandparents still alive
thankful that my brother may be thousands of miles away, but he is still close to my heart
thankful for the perspective that Ross gives me when I'm having a tough time
thankful for God's provision - constantly
thankful for the blessing of friends and family who support us through notes, gifts, encouraging words, cookies, mustard, candles and gifts
thankful that my good friend just got married (about a year after she had given up all hope of marriage)
thankful for Eliza in our lives (our nanny from DTS is now back for 9 months!)
thankful for Debbie, a wonderful mentor and friend
thankful for John and Sam Hudson - founders of 100 Fold, friends of the Lackeys
thankful I have a momma who thinks I can do anything
thankful for Selah, Kiera and Mason
thankful I'm married to an awesome man

May I be this thankful each day. May gratitude and thanksgiving be part of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment