Monday, November 12

A Wonderful Birthday

Today was my 36th birthday and it was a wonderful day! It started first thing this morning with Selah, Kiera and Mason all coming in to my room to greet me for the day with joyful and loving dispositions, "Happy Birthday" on their lips, hugs in their arms and homemade cards in their hands. My favorite part by far was the joyful and loving dispositions they welcomed me with! AND Selah (who loves to be first), gathered Kiera and Mason - waited for them to wake up, stretch (she said Mason was slow) - and they all came into the room together. What a wonderful present. Unity!

After that at breakfast, the cafeteria full of staff and students sang "Happy Birthday" to me, then my momma and daddy called. Today's lecture was full of prophetic prayer and the prayer over Ross and I confirmed once again that we are right where we are supposed to be. Then a quiet lunch (Eliza took care of the kiddos) followed by a birthday party with 100 Fold Studio staff and a few close girlfriends - Ross made me a yummy cake with my name on top in sprinkles. At the party, a bunch of the girls went in together and got me a snowshoe set - snowshoes, poles and a handy carrying bag, 100 Fold also got me a YWAM Hospitality book (below) that I had been wanting complete with the author signing it for me :-)



THEN - yes, there was more. After outreach prep, Ross was graciously allowed to take the afternoon off from 100 Fold and the five of us went up the mountain to play in the snow and let me try out my new snowshoes. They are AWESOME!








Oh, and did I mention that my door is decorated with balloons, streamers and wrapping paper where friends have paused to write me a birthday note?



 I also have an angel this week that is blessing my socks off! Today is only the first day and I'm already silenced as I watch this generous giving and have been challenged to practice receiving. Today has definitely been a day of practicing receiving.

Thank you to everyone who has texted, sent a facebook message, called, sent a card and/or was part of all the above mentioned festivities. I feel like the luckiest girl alive. I am loved. I love you all too!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, sweet friend. So glad you had such a blessed day!
    RebeccaB

    ReplyDelete
  2. i kept nursery today, and just kept waiting for mason to be dropped off and then remembered where yall were. :) y'all look so happy there! sending love.

    ReplyDelete